Sunday, July 18, 2010

You Promised

I hear your words late at night in the dark of my room

You promised me you would protect me from all
You promised me you always protect me and keep me safe
You promised me you would protect me from Summerland.

You promised you would care for me.
You promised you would love me.
You promised you would comfort me amd hold me in your arms.
You promised I could trust you

You would wipe my tears away
You would make me smile.
You would show me joy.
You would join me forever.


I gave you my love.
I gave you my joy.
I gave you my heart.
I gave you my soul.

You took my love
You took my joy
You took my heart.
You took my soul.
You took my trust.

I was alone.

Then the whispers came.
They came from the Goddess.
They came from my Sisters
They came on the Wind
They came from the Fire of my cauldron.
They came as the Rain fell.
They came as I stood naked on the Earth

They whisper to me.

My daughter you are loved.
My sister you are loved.
My daugter you are safe.
My sister you are safe.
My daughter I am here.
My sister we are here.

I walked from the dark and found the light.
I walked from the dark and found my Sisters
I walked from the dark and found a Mothers love.
I walked from the dark and found me...for I am Witch and that can not be taken from me now or ever.

My power is who I am ....

Copyright JoAnne Spiese 2010
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment