Thursday, February 18, 2010

Frogs

I would like to speak tonite about something that has been going on since April 7, 2009.

A young friend of mine was assaulted in a hospital while working.She went to the police, reported the assault and has been going to court since April 2009,

Today the judge found the man not guilty.I will not spend this time writing how are system makes victims of crime,victims time and time again.How the victim is on trial not the criminal. We all that and as women it is one of our fears when we report assaults against us.

What I do want to speak about is the absolute courage and conviction of this young women.she has had to stand before strangers and in great detail describe what happen to her.She has had her case delayed for almost 1 year,yet showed up every time as indicated. She has had the defence attorney attack her in preliminary court appearence and at trial.She remained stearn and steadfast in the details, regardless of what he tried.I have been amazed to watch her at this extremely painful time in her life.
The fear that crept up each time she went to court. She still went...

The case did not go as expected for her. She was hurt and disappointed that she could not find resolve in the court system.For me, I saw a young women gain her strength and power. Know one can take that from her. I applaud her for what she did and note the strength she carries within herself.

I also know that right now she would like to turn several people into frogs, but that is for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment