Monday, February 15, 2010

Out of place

I have always felt out of place. Even as a child I knew I was different.I looked different from my family.We come from German and Italian decent and here I am red hair,green eyes and freckles.
Could I look any more Celtic ?

I would feel things before they happen.Dreams that were so real. Knowing who was at the door before the bell rang.Who was on the phone as the call came through.What TV shows would be shown....just alot of that.

The feeling that I had done this before was the strongest of all. I just keep quiet and to myself. For years I kept going to find my place especially in the religious community. I tried just about everything but nothing fit. I had come to the conclusion I just did not belong any where. I would sit in a church filled with people and be alone.

One day I was a Boarders Book store and picked up The Goddess Within, then came The Women's Spirituality Book. Read both and I was on my way. Not quite sure but I knew I was on to something and something very remarkable....self direction and self control.The church going stopped and the reading began.Slowly I found myself entering the great Sisterhood of the Goddess.I had not yet used the word Witch .

That would be awakening that was a change for ever. At that early point I had not given myself that freedom to use the word.To me the word Witch is very powerful and respectful for all those who died for that word and those who were wrongly accused and killed as they were proclaimed a Witch.

I am a Witch and one with great reverence for all those who have gone before me,who stand with me now and those who are coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment