Sunday, June 13, 2010

I am Witch

I stand on the mountain top and see the heather below me sway in the wind.
The sun has set and the moon rises to its fullness.
I stand and feel the gentle fall of rain and see the waves on the Loch rise and fall. I find comfort in this action that is repeated.
I stand next to the cauldron and feel the heat from the fire.The flames grow strong and bright under the moon light.
I stand feet bared on the earth and feel the cold and damp of the leaves.The trees maintain their vigilance for my protection.

I have come this night to proclaim my dedication to the Goddess.For she is all to me as I am to her.
I have come this night as my Sisters have called to me to be there on this mountain under this moon.
I have come this night alone yet there are many with me.For I am never alone.Not this night or any other night.
I have come this night to bare my soul to the Goddess and join her as her daughter.

I turn North and summon the Witches that have gone before me.
I turn East and summon the Withes that are here now.
I turn South and summon the Witches that will come after me.
I turn West and summon the Witches unknown to themselves.


I raise my hands and receive the Goddess.
I raise my head and receive her light.
I raise my heart and am filled with her Love.
I raise my soul and find her compassion.

For on this night as her daughter ,I have become a Witch.
I am the past , the present and the future.
I am love, joy compassion and light.
I am all that I should be.
I am all that I shall be.
I am all that I could be.
For I am Witch ...


Copyright JoAnne Spiese
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment