Monday, June 7, 2010

Witching Hour

The Witching hour has begun as I am drawn into a small clearing in the forest.
I stand still before the Goddess, our Mother.
I can feel the stag's stare as he watches me from a distance.
I can feel the wind on my skin as it encircles me and runs through my hair.
I feel the wet dirt beneath my feet as I stand bare before the Goddess.
I can feel the moon as she reaches my soul with her rays.
I smell the heather and it triggers past memories.
I smell the smoke from the burning fires.
I hear the cries of my ancestors.
I hear there pleas for mercy.
I feel their tears as they run down my face.
I feel the burning on my skin.
I feel their pain and mine , past and present.
My heart beats rapidly as their fear rises and engulfs me,yet there is a calm entering my heart.
I hear the whispers of my Sisters as they send their love.
I hear the Goddess as she speaks to me.
I feel the love of the Goddess as she takes me into her arms.
I am loved
I am comforted
I am safe
I am her daughter
I am a Witch

copyright, JoAnne Spiese 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment